The Benefits of Membership
These are some of the benefits of membership to a bee keepers' association.
- Insurance: £2,000,000 public liability for damage to property, plus bee disease insurance (for notifiable bee diseases).
- Free MBKA newsletter ‘The Beeholder’, issued quarterly.
Free national magazine, ‘The Welsh Beekeeper’, issued quarterly.
- The opportunity to attend outdoor apiary meetings and demonstrations during the summer, and indoor meetings, lectures and instruction during the winter.
- The chance to exchange ideas and opinions with like-minded people.
- The assistance and help given by fellow beekeepers.
- The mutual protection from varroa etc., gained from co-operation.
- Up to date information supplied by the Bee Inspectors.
- The opportunity to buy or sell equipment.
- Periodic courses of instruction.
- Membership covers the whole family who live at the same address.